Google Assistant is a ‘help_ out’ feature in Google’s suite that comes up when you need an assistant on your phone operation. The Ok Google answers question you could ask which includes; direction to a destination, how to find a particular setting in your android device, the perfect outfit for a given event, and so on.
It is of a truth that the Ok Google called “the great intruder” by most Andriod users could be over_bearing at times that it will pop up even when it is not needed ( most times it pops up in 80 out a 100 times it might be needed).
It is worthy of note that the assistant does not just appear, it must have been prompted by an action, maybe we must have mistakenly pressed the power button and then when unlock the screen lock, the first thing that welcomes us is the assistance.
And the outcome is that the assistant captures your voice, analyzes and performs whatever comes from your mouth, so, imagine you asking for the price of a chicken at a barbeque to get chicken and the voice was mistakenly activated in your pocket, your device, tinking you were asking a question will pick up pieces of information on chicken and start answering.
How To Cancel Google Voice
Did you know that the Google voice could help cancel itself? well, this is the first and easiest way to deactivate voice assistance. All you have to do is to get the attention of the Google Assistant by saying “Ok Google” or “Hey Google”.
When the assistance appears, asking for what you could be helped with, you can go ahead and say “turn yourself off”. You will surely get assistance afterward .directions on how to do it.
If you sick and tired of being interrupted by the Google voice assistant and, you want to do away with it, I will be giving you three tips on how to go about it, read on.
Completely Deactivate Google Assistant
To completely deactivate Google Assistant on your device, patiently follow these steps below;
- Launch the Google app on your device.
- Click on “More” at the bottom right.
- Of all the options that will open, click on Settings.
- Further tap on Google Assistant.
- Move down to Assistant devices and click on Phone or any other device you have listed where you want to turn Google Assistant off.
- Last but not the least, tap the Google Assistant toggle to turn it off.
Deactivate the support button
Most times, it is just enough to deactivate the Assistant button. By so doing, you’ll no longer access Google Assistant through the start button of your device, and as such avoid accidentally activating it.
- Go to the Settings menu on your phone.
- Head down to Applications and click on it.
- On the Default applications, tap on the Device assistant app.
- You have the liberty to specify the particular assistant app you want to open when you press the start button.
- Go ahead and choose what you want.
Uninstall Phone updates
Google Assistant was only introduced in newer versions and as such doesn’t exist in previous versions of Google. In other words, older versions do not have the Assistant.
You can, therefore, uninstall the updates and set yourself free of Google Assistant. But, be ready to lose all the other novelties that you might like because they will also disappear…
- Go to Settings.
- Select Applications and scroll down to the Application Manager and search for Google.
- Once the menu is opened, the three little dots will pop up and you will see the Uninstall updates option pop up.