Want to deactivate your Facebook account? Let’s get to it. But it’s wise to know exactly what will happen to your Facebook account upon deactivation. Do you lose the account forever? What’s the difference between account deactivation and deletion? Find out answers to all of these below:
What happens when I deactivate my facebook account?
No one else can see your profile.
Some information, such as messages that you sent to friends, may still be visible.
Your friends may still see your name in their friend’s list. This is only visible to your friends, and only from their friends’ list.
Group admins may still be able to see your posts and comments, along with your name.
You will not be able to use your Facebook account to access Oculus products or your Oculus information.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the toolbar, then select Settings.
- The Settings page will appear. Click Manage Account.
- Click Deactivate your account.
- Select a reason for deactivating the account. …
- Select Deactivate Now.
- Your account is now deactivated.
What happens if I delete my Facebook account permanently?
- Your account will not be able to be reactivated.
- Your profile, photos, posts, videos, and everything else you’ve added will be deleted permanently. You will be unable to retrieve anything you have added.
- Facebook Messenger will no longer be available.
- You will be unable to use Facebook Login for any other apps that you may have signed up for using your Facebook accounts, such as Spotify or Pinterest. To recover those accounts, you may need to contact the apps and websites.
- Some information, such as messages sent to friends, may remain visible to them even after you delete your account. Messages you’ve sent are saved in the inboxes of your friends.
- If you log in to Oculus using your Facebook account, deleting your Facebook account will also delete your Oculus information. This includes your app purchases as well as your accomplishments. You will no longer be able to return apps, and any existing store credits will be forfeited.
What if I don’t want to delete all of my content but just want to take a break from Facebook?
You can take a break from Facebook by deactivating your account temporarily. When you deactivate your account for a limited time:
- Nobody will be able to see or access your Facebook profile.
- Your pictures, posts, and videos will not be deleted.
- You can continue to use Facebook Messenger. Your profile picture will still be visible in your conversations, and people can still send you a message by searching for you by name. Friends on Facebook will continue to see you in places where they can message you.
- You can continue to use Facebook Login for other apps such as Spotify, Pinterest, and Games.
- You will not be able to access Oculus products or information using your Facebook account.
- You are free to return whenever you want.
How do I delete my account permanently?
Before you delete your account, you should log in and download a copy of your Facebook information (e.g., photos and posts), as well as a copy of your Oculus information if you use your Facebook account to log in to Oculus. You won’t be able to recover anything you’ve added after your account has been deleted.
To permanently delete your account, follow these steps:
- Clickin the upper right corner of Facebook.
- Choose Settings & privacy, then Settings.
- In the left column, click Your Facebook information.
Click Deactivation and deletion.
Choose Permanently Delete Account, then click Continue to account deletion.
Click Delete Account, enter your password and then click Continue.
1 thought on “How to Deactivate My Facebook Account now”
I just wanna be off grid fir a while