Do you have a Yahoo mail account but don’t know how to log in, or did someone open the account for you, and you’re unsure how to log in? Well, you’re on the right track because, by the end of this article, yahoo mail login will no longer be an issue.
The email service Yahoo mail has a two-step verification process and an upgraded, user-friendly interface. You can access your Yahoo mail account from your mobile browser, Yahoo mail mobile app and your PC.
Let me show you how to quickly sign in to your Yahoo mail using any of the three platforms.
Yahoo Mail App – Yahoo Mail Login
This app puts all your mail accounts in just one app, where you can search, read and reply to messages without stress. Yahoo mail app also has an intelligent search feature, where you can search for emails in all your connected accounts at the time. This search feature also has the sort feature to categorize your results by mails, files, photos, videos with just one tap. With the Yahoo mail app, you can easily switch connected accounts for inboxes. You can easily apply one of the themes that suit your style.
With the Yahoo mail mobile app, you can always have a different theme for a separate mailbox.
Follow these easy steps to change the theme of your yahoo mail account:
Actions to Change your Yahoo Mail Theme – Yahoo Mail Login
- To continue this step, you must download the app and add an account
- Next, hit the menu icon
- Now hit the settings icon
- On this page, click on the themes icon
- Now you should see a lot of various themes; click on the one you like to apply and hit the confirm icon.
Yahoo Mail Login and Sign Out
Make sure you have created/registered a Yahoo mail account. If you have one, let’s get started.
1. Sign in to Yahoo mail from a mobile browser
To log in to your Yahoo mail from a phone browser, follow the steps outlined below:
- On your mobile browser, go to https://m.yahoo.com/.
- Click on the Profile icon, .
- Click on Sign in.
- After that, enter your Yahoo ID, then tap Next.
- Enter your password, then tap Sign in.
With that, you have successfully signed in to your Yahoo mail from your phone internet browser.
Sign out Yahoo mail account from a mobile browser
To log out of Yahoo mail on your mobile device:
- On your browser, go to https://m.yahoo.com/.
- Tap the Profile icon, .
- Tap Sign out.
2. Sign in to Yahoo mail from a desktop browser
Sign in to your Yahoo account on your PC by following the steps below:
- On your internet browser, visit http://www.yahoo.com
- Click Sign in at the top of the Yahoo page.
- Enter your Yahoo ID. – Optionally, select Stay signed in to let your browser keep you logged in.
- Click Next.
- Enter your password.
- Finally, click Sign in.
How to Sign out Yahoo mail account from a desktop browser
To sign out of a desktop browser, hover your mouse over your name at the top of any Yahoo page and select Sign Out. It’s as simple as that.
Sign in your account using the Yahoo app
The Yahoo app is a fantastic app specially designed for you. Sign in to your yahoo mail account using the app with the simple steps below:
- Download and install the Yahoo app from your AppStore.
- Click on the Sidebar icon, .
- Click Sign in.
- Enter your Yahoo ID, then click Next.
- Enter your password, then click Sign in.
How to turn off your account in Yahoo apps
Do you want to sign out from Yahoo mail? You can do that easily using the Yahoo app. Choose which accounts are accessible in the app by turning them on or off. Do this by:
- Clicking on the Sidebar icon, .
- Then click on Manage Accounts.
- Toggle the slider on or off.
That is so simple!
How to fix Yahoo mail Log in Password and Yahoo ID issues
There are a few issues that occur as you try to sign in to your Yahoo mail. I will show you a few below and tell you how you can fix them ASAP.
1. You cannot remember your password or Yahoo ID
If you forgot your password or login ID:
- Yahoo mail has a Sign-in Helper to help you locate your Yahoo ID and regain access to your account. Click here to access the Yahoo Sign-in Helper. You will have to enter your recovery mobile number or alternate email address to restore access to your account.
- If you know your Yahoo ID but need to reset your password, make sure you use a strong password when you log back in.
- You can also check your autofill settings to find your password if your browser remembers passwords.
2. You get an “Invalid ID or Password” error message
This error message means that the password and Yahoo ID combination you entered doesn’t match what is on the Yahoo record. Consider the following:
- Check “caps lock” or “num lock” keys – These keys change the value of what you’re actually typing.
- Update your browser autofill settings – If your browser remembers passwords, you may need to update your autofill settings after changing your password.
- Try another web browser – If you can access your account in another browser, the problem isn’t with your account; you’ll need to fix the issue in your preferred browser.
- Someone changed your password – An unauthorized party could have broken in and changed your password. Use the Sign-in Helper to get back into your account and change your password. Then, review your account settings to undo changes you didn’t make and secure your account.
Other sign-in issues and How to Fix them
1. You get a “First time signing in here?” message.
Yahoo mail may ask you to enter a verification code (sent to your recovery mobile phone or email) if you sign in from a device, program, or location that you haven’t used before. Enter the verification code to access your account.
2. Your Yahoo account is locked
To protect your account, it may be temporarily locked if you make too many unsuccessful sign-in attempts. It will automatically unlock after 12 hours, but you can always regain access right away by using the Sign-in Helper.
The following are some of the reasons why your account may be repeatedly locked:
- The system detected a vulnerability in your password.
- Your IP address is hidden or changing all the time.
- Login attempts are being made from various geographic locations in a short period of time.
If your account has been compromised, make sure to secure it and update your recovery information.
3. Your sign-in screen loops or reloads
If the sign-in screen keeps reappearing after you click “Sign in,” you’ll need to reset the “sign-in” cookie.
- Click from the sign-in page; not you?
- Enter your Yahoo email address and password.
- Sign in by clicking the Sign in button.
If that doesn’t work, try the following steps, and attempt to sign in after each one:
- Clear the cookies in your browser.
- Quit your browser and then restart it.
- Use a different web browser that is supported.
- Log in to a different sign-in page, such as our main login page or the Yahoo Mail sign-in page.
Yahoo Mails Notifications – Yahoo Mail Login
Yahoo mail notifications are instant alerts you get when you receive a mail on your yahoo mail app. To turn this on, follow these simple steps:
- First of all, you’ll need to enable notifications on the mobile app in your device settings
- Next click on the menu icon
- Click on the settings bar
- And click on notifications
- Set appropriately.
I hope you find this information on Yahoo mail login helpful. Thank you for reading.
Recommended for you: