This article will explain how to permanently close or delete a Facebook account right now. Are you sick of Facebook and undecided about whether to close it temporarily or permanently? You must be able to distinguish between the two. If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Some people will not believe you if you say you want to delete your Facebook account, despite the fact that Facebook is a social media app with a plethora of fantastic features. Things, however, are not always Roxy. As a result, for various reasons, one may feel compelled to deactivate his account, and in extreme cases, to delete it entirely.
Bear in mind that Closing it Temporarily means DEACTIVATION while Closing it Permanently means DELETION. So, let’s see the differences between the two:
If you choose to close your Facebook account temporarily or deactivate your account:
- You can reactivate it whenever you want.
- People can’t see your Timeline or search for you.
- Some info may remain visible (example: messages you sent).
If you choose to Close your Facebook account permanently or delete your account:
- You can’t regain access once the deletion is complete.
- Deletion may be delayed a few days after it’s requested. A deletion request will end if you log back into your Facebook account during this time.
- It may take up to 90 days to delete data stored in backup systems. Your info isn’t accessible on Facebook during this time.
- Some things are not stored in your account. For example, a friend may have messages from you after deletion.
of some material (example: log records) may remain in Facebook’s
Database but are separated from personal identifiers. So, if you choose to close your Facebook account temporarily or deactivate your Facebook account, here’s how to go about it:
On Your Facebook Application
- Click on the menu button at the top right-hand of your Facebook page.
- On the pop-up screen, scroll down to “Account settings.”
- On the pop-up screen, click on “General.”
- On the pop-up screen, tap on “Manage Account.”
- On the pop-up screen, tap on “Deactivate” at the right-hand corner.
- Enter your password on the screen that pops up and taps on “Continue”.
- On the next page, you will be asked if you are sure of the decision
to deactivate and to give reasons why you want to disable it.
- After you have provided the necessary information, scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on “Deactivate” to deactivate your account.
- You will once again be asked if you want to deactivate your Facebook account, tap on the “Deactivate” button to deactivate your Facebook account.
On Your Browser
- Log in to your Facebook account details.
- Click the account menu at the top right of your Facebook page.
- On the drop-down menu, select the “Settings” option.
- The screen that pops up shows your General Account settings, click on “Manage Account.”
- On the screen that drops down under Manage Account, scroll down to “Deactivate your Account.”
- At the bottom of the page, click on the “Deactivate your account” link.
- A new page will be open, where you need to enter your password.
- After entering your password, click on the “Continue” button.
- You’ll be directed to a new page, where you need to tell the reason behind your deactivation.
- After you’ve provided the needed information, click on the ‘Deactivate’ button for deactivation.
- Facebook will once again ask you to confirm your decision to deactivate the Facebook account. Click on the “Deactivate Now“ button to immediately deactivate your Facebook account.
- Click the downward arrow at the top right of any Facebook page
- Select “Settings”
- Click on the link at the bottom of the main menu that says “Download a copy of your Facebook data”.
After you have downloaded your data, all you need to do is visit this link: https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account, click on “Delete my account”, then follow the steps to confirm.
Please do well to share this article and drop your questions or suggestions in the comment box. Thanks for reading through our article, we hope that you found it interesting?
You are contemplating leaving a comment if you have a question? We will be happy to help.