When you are tired of Facebook, you can always delete your account permanently. How do I delete my Facebook account permanently will guide you on how to do just that. What’s the difference between deleting and deactivating Facebook? Let’s get started.
How to deactivate a Facebook account
To deactivate your Facebook account, follow these four steps:
1. Click the account menu down arrow at the top right of any Facebook page in your web browser
2. Select ‘Settings’
3. Choose ‘General’ in the left column
4. Click ‘Manage your account’.
5. Press ‘Deactivate your account’, and then follow the steps to confirm your decision
To reactivate your account after deactivating it, simply log into Facebook your e-mail and password. Your profile will be entirely reinstated.
How to delete your Facebook account permanently?
One thing that most users want to know is how to delete their Facebook account permanently. For this, follow the steps:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Visit this link, https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
- Click Delete My Account.
Important things to consider before you close your Facebook account
Make sure you’ve downloaded a copy of your Facebook data before deactivating or permanently deleting it. You might be aware of the fact that you can gain access to your Facebook account after you’ve deactivated it. But be careful, you won’t get the chance to change your mind after you’ve deleted your Facebook account permanently. So, take your decision wisely.
It will take 90 days for Facebook to delete all your photos, videos, posts, likes, comments, messages, and everything else. Other Facebook users won’t be able to visit your profile during the deletion process. However, the text messages, images you’ve sent to your friends via chat will reside at their end because they’re a part of their account also. You can ask them to delete your messages.
What would happen when I delete my Facebook account?
Here is what will happen in simple terms. You will not be able to regain access once the account is deleted and everything associated with the user will be permanently removed. For this reason, Facebook delays deletion for a few days after the request is made, in case you change your mind. It can take up to 90 days after your account is removed for all of your data stored in Facebook’s backup systems to be completely deleted.
Other Things to Note
1. Never login again next 14 days if you are sure you wish to permanently delete your account.
2. If you wish to come back again, simply follow the link below within 14 days
3. Must log out of anything connected with Facebook. It may include any app or service that you’ve connected or logged in to. It may be Instagram, Calender app, Spotify etc. on your smartphone.
4. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies from your desktop, smartphone and tablet. Otherwise, a saved login credential on your respective devices will trigger account reactivation.
Facebook Account Deactivation
Deactivating your account is an option to deleting it: it suspends your account and removes your timeline from the site’s timeline. Facebook does not destroy any one of your information in the event that you decide to return. I’ve used this option before, and it’s a simple way to take a rest from Facebook and then put the lights back on later. Everything—your friends, your likes, prior posts, and whatever else you performed on the site—returns once you’ve done so.
However, you should be aware that canceling your account will not delete your name from your friends’ lists. If you’re concerned that your friends may be confused as to why they aren’t seeing your postings but can still see you as a friend, let them know you’ll be leaving the platform for a bit.
Here’s how to do a Facebook Account Deactivation:
- On Facebook’s homepage, click on the upper right corner.
- Select Settings and Privacy > Settings from the drop-down menu.
- In the left column, click Facebook Information.
- Select Deactivation and Deletion from the drop-down menu.
- Select Deactivate Account, then Proceed to Account Deactivation and follow the prompts.
1 thought on “How do I delete facebook account permanently?”
Delete parmanently my account