Facebook Dating App Download for Singles – Facebook has made available several plugins for singles to meet and date on its social media site.
With the launch of the Dating app to the Facebook app, millions of people in about 46 nations, including the United States, have utilized it. Let us see how this came about.
As much as Facebook has become a site where billions of people interact with friends and family, users also have the opportunity to meet strangers and create new acquaintances.
Nevertheless, thanks to a built-in dating feature, Facebook has made it easier than ever for singles to find one another and start meaningful relationships within the platform. It is well-known as the Facebook dating app.
This dating tool is steadily expanding internationally since it is now available in over 46 countries. However, this does not mean you have to download a separate app. The Dating app is a feature in the Facebook app.
How to Download Facebook Dating App for Singles
Notable is that the Dating app is not a stand-alone application but a feature within the main Facebook app.
Hence, to access Facebook Dating, you must:
- Have a good and reliable mobile device (Android or iPhone).
- Have a strong internet connection.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a Facebook account in good standing that is at least 30 days old.
- Live in a country where the Dating feature is available.
Again, Facebook may restrict which Facebook accounts can access the Dating feature. Therefore, if you can’t access or no longer have access to the Dating feature, it may be because:
- You have a new or inactive account.
- You aren’t 18 or older.
- You went against their Terms of Service, Community Standards or other policies.
Note: Dating is only available on the Facebook apps for Android and iPhone. You won’t be able to access Dating on your computer.
Follow the step-by-step guide below to learn how to download the Facebook dating app on your mobile device:
01. Launch your Facebook mobile app and sign into your Facebook account if you haven’t already [If you don’t have the Facebook app on your device, then open your mobile device App Store or Play Store to get or download it, and launch it after successful installation].
02. After signing into your Facebook account, locate the hamburger menu icon (three horizontal lines) from your Facebook homepage.
03. Tap the hamburger menu icon (three horizontal lines).
04. If you don’t see the Dating icon (a heart-shaped icon colored red and purple). Then scroll down and tap See More.
05. Now, tap the Dating icon. From there, you can create your Facebook Dating profile. Note: If you delete your Dating profile, you can’t make a new one for seven (7) days.
Also, you can access the Facebook Dating feature by typing “Facebook Dating” into the search bar on your Facebook app and tapping the Facebook Dating shortcut.
How to Create your Facebook Dating profile
If this feature is available in your location and you’re eligible to use it. You must set up your Facebook dating profile to enjoy this wonderful feature.
Using this profile, you can match with and connect with singles. So, to set up this profile, follow the guideline below. Turn on Location Services for Facebook before you create your profile.
Here is the step-by-step guide:
- Launch your Facebook mobile app and sign into your Facebook account if you haven’t already.
- Locate and tap the hamburger menu icon (three horizontal lines).
- Tap the Dating icon.
- Tap Get Started, and continue through the questions. Make your selections and tap Next, or you can tap Skip to move to the next question.
- Review your profile details, then tap Confirm.
- To complete your profile and add more details and pictures, tap one:
- Preview Suggested Profile: To automatically use information and pictures from your Facebook Profile.
- Complete Profile Manually: To add details and pictures yourself.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the creation of your dating profile. Click here to learn how you can change your preferences for a match.
Facebook Dating Review
Today, a total of 9% of Facebook’s users claim to be using the Facebook Dating feature. With this rate, you can be sure this feature is effective.
So, if you need to make new friends, share your moments with others, or even find a lover and real-time partner, this is just the ultimate destination.
This feature was set up to help singles meet, connect, and hook up with each other.
Now, if the dating app is unavailable in your location, here is an alternative: tap the search bar on your Facebook homepage and search for dating groups like; Facebook singles or singles on Facebook. From the display results, select and join the group of your choice.
We hope you find this information helpful. Please use any of the share buttons below to share this information.
Feel free to drop any questions or contributions regarding this article in the comment section below.