Hello there. Wanna make your facebook account private? There’s some not so true ideas out there. But this post will show you a way that works pretty alright. Lets get to it – how to keep your facebook private in 2021.
If you’re creating a new account now:
- Go to Facebook. Create a user account. Use a private email address that you do not use elsewhere if at all possible.
- I don’t recommend it because it contravenes Facebook’s terms, but if you choose the oldest possible date for your birthday, Facebook won’t be able to target you with specific ads that much.
- After confirming your email address. Facebook will ask you to add some friends. Just skip that by pressing next.
What if you have a Facebook account already? Do these then
- Go to privacy. Change who can see future posts to ‘only me’.
- Previous posts: Click on Limit Past Posts so only your friends can see posts you’ve made in the past.
- You can’t completely avoid receiving friend requests, but you can set it so that only “friends of friends” can send you one. If you don’t have any Facebook friends, this effectively prevents you from receiving friend requests.Change “friends of friends” to “friends of friends” by clicking “edit” next to “Who can contact me?”
- By default, Facebook allows search engines like Facebook and Google to visit and list your profile. You should turn it off.Click “edit” next to the option “Do you want search engines other than Facebook to link to your profile?” Then uncheck the box next to “Allow search engines other than Facebook to link to your Profile.” Then, in the warning window, click “Turn Off.”
- You may want to control who can post to your timeline and whether or not you want to be tagged in a post. All of those should be turned off if you want to be private.
- To prevent people from posting to your timeline, click “edit” next to “Who can post to your timeline?” Change “Only Me” to “Only Me”: