Hey there! Do you need a private Facebook account? There are plenty of fake ideas on the internet nowadays. But this article will reveal to you a method that works remarkably alright. Let’s get started with how to keep a private Facebook profile in 2023 and other interesting customization settings. Continue reading!
How to change your sharing default settings
Setting up your default sharing option for Friends rather than Public is a quick way to lock down everything you post in the future. Only your friends will see your posts after you make this change.
Do this by going to your Facebook Privacy Settings. Here’s how
1. Select the drop-down arrow in the upper-right corner of any Facebook screen.
2. Click on Settings & Privacy in the drop-down menu.
3. Tap on Settings and then Privacy.
4. From the drop-down menu, you will find the “Activity” tab” under it “Who can see your future posts.” Change it from Public to Friends by clicking on Edit.
5. Save the changes by tapping on the Close tab.
Also, on this Privacy and Settings interface, you can also change the audience for previous posts.
To do that:
- Click on the tab “Limit the audience for posts you’ve shared with friends of friends or the Public.”
- Select Limit Past Posts.
- Click on Limit Past Posts again.
This setting modifies previous posts marked Friends of Friends or Public to Friends. You can change the default privacy settings on individual posts at any time.
How to Hide Your Facebook Friends List (Change your Friends List from Public to Private)
By default, Facebook makes your friends list public, which means that anyone can see it, whether they’re your friend or not. You can modify this setting in Facebook settings on your profile page.
1. On the Settings and Privacy screen, click the Edit button next to Who can see your friends list.
2. Select either Friends or Only me to keep your friends list private.
You can also limit who sees your friends list by selecting Specific Friends Only or Friends Except. Specific Friends only includes people you specify, whereas Friends Except excludes people from your list.
- Another way to do this is to go to your Facebook profile page.
- Navigate to the Friends tab, located beneath your cover photo.
- Select Edit Privacy from the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner of the Friends screen.
- Select the Privacy you want from the drop-down menu next to Friends List and Follow.
- Finally, save the changes.
How to Review Your Profile Privacy Settings
By default, your Facebook profile is public, which means Google and other search engines index it, and anyone can view it.
You will need to make changes that are necessary to keep your Facebook profile public.
Do the necessary review thus:
- To access your profile, click your name at the top of your Facebook page
- At the left-hand side of your profile page, click Edit Details. The box Customize Your Info will appear.
- Deactivate the toggle next to the information you want to conceal. This includes boxes next to education, current city, hometown, and other personal information you entered into Facebook.
- Furthermore, you can click on the pencil icon to edit any item.
How to Hide Your Profile from Search Engines
You can prevent your profile from appearing in search engines. Here’s what you should do:
1. Select the arrow in the upper-right corner of your Facebook page.
2. In the drop-down menu, select Settings & Privacy.
3. Click Settings.
4. Select Privacy on the left side.
5. Select Edit and clear the check box that allows search engines to see you on Facebook next to Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile?
How to use the inline audience selector on Facebook
You can set different sharing options for each piece of content you post to Facebook using audience selectors.
When you open a status screen to post something, the privacy setting you chose to be the default appears at the bottom of the screen. You might want to change this every now and then.
In the status box, click the privacy setting and choose an audience for a specific post.
Options include Public, Friends, and Only Me, along with Friends except and Specific friends.
With the new audience selected, write your post and select “post” to send it to the chosen audience.
1 thought on “How do I make my Profile private on Facebook? (Easy Guide)”
I’ve done everything to protect my account that I can do so far the only question I have and I use to be able to take care of it since change of Facebook I cannot do it my profile picture I do not want it on public I’ve spent over two hours on this trying to figure out how to make that for friends only like I’ve had in the past and nothing is showing me how to do that holiday seasons I change my profile picture and I always make it to friends and not public now cannot find this option PLEASE HELP ME