This article will explain how to change your Facebook password.
If you want to change your Facebook password but don’t know how I recommend reading this article.
Going by the fact that insecurity is increasing daily, it can only interest you to know that if your Facebook password is not complicated, hackers can easily track it and hack into your account.
That’s not what you’re looking for. Therefore, you should change your Facebook password as soon as possible to something more complex that only you will know.
Facebook is a social media platform for chatting with different people worldwide, and most essentially with family and friends.
Facebook allows you to send messages, videos, photos and also get updates continually.
So you need to keep your Facebook account secured by using a strong password for your account.
As a matter of necessity, it is essential to update your social media passwords regularly to keep your accounts secure.
For simplicity’s sake, we will give you steps to change the password anytime you want to.
Changing your Facebook password is not difficult. With our guide, you can do that easily.
How to Change Facebook Password
If you have a Facebook account and you feel you need to change your password to a strong one – to secure your account – the steps are straightforward to follow.
Do the following:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click the Down Arrow at the top right corner of your Facebook page.
- Then tap on Settings.
- Under Settings, click on Security and Login.
- After that, click on Change Password.
- Enter your Current Password and the New Password. You will have to retype the new password.
- Click on Save Changes.
- Finally, log out and relog in to confirm if it has automatically changed to your new password.
Note that your new password must be strong, containing upper and lower case letters, numbers and special characters. It must not be short our password but long and easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
It also recommends that you avoid passwords you use for other accounts, such as your email or bank account, and that you do not include personal information others will know, such as your email, phone number or birthday.
Forgotten Facebook Password – Password Reset
What happens if you cannot remember your Facebook password? Do a password reset.
Follow the simple steps below:
- If you are logged in, click on the down arrow at the top right corner of your page, click on the setting icon, and click on security and login.
- Click on the forgotten password.
- Once you are performing this action, you will be asked for your email or your mobile number so they can send you a code.
- On receiving the code, enter the code for your password reset.
What if you are not already logged in?
- Open the Facebook app or go to the web page http://facebook.com
- .On the sign-in page, click on “Forgotten Password.”
- Enter your email or phone number to receive a reset code.
- Enter the code and reset your password.
How to generate a one-time password
Suppose you are in an environment where you do not feel comfortable entering your password (such as a library or internet cafe). In that case, Facebook has an option to generate a temporary code that will allow you to log in securely without revealing your actual password.
One-time passwords can only be used once and require you to associate your phone number with your account. They will also be unavailable if you have two-factor authentication enabled.
To create a one-time password, follow these steps:
- Send the message ‘OTP’ to 32665 via SMS.
- You will be given a one-of-a-kind 6-character temporary password.
- In the ‘Password’ section of the Facebook login screen, enter this code.
A lot of Facebook users have the habit of using an easy-to-guess password. This does not augur well for the security of their accounts.
There are lots of reasons to change your Facebook password. The most primary of them all is to protect your account from hackers and invaders who prey on accounts around the web. This article has offered you quality tips on how to change your password and protect your data.
That is it for this article. Have you learned a couple of things from this article? Share this article with your friends and do well to check our list of other interesting articles that might be of interest to you. Thanks for visiting our site.