How to update your Facebook account(app) to the latest version. Continue below:
Update Facebook App
Hit the break for directions.
1. Unlock your phone, swipe through your house screen or app drawer and discover the Google Play app. It’s the little shopping bag with a vibrant logo on it. Open the app.
2. Now that you remain in the app we’re checking to upgrade, swipe from left to right on your device’s display. The slide-out menu will appear. As an alternative, you can hit the slide menu’s dedicated button which is to the left of “Google Play” in the app’s search bar.
3. Scroll down a bit and find Settings. Select that.
4. Head down to the bottom of the settings screen till you reach the About section. It’s where you’ll identify the Play Shop variation on your gadget. To examine if it’s updated or not, tap anywhere on Play Store version.
5. If not update is readily available, the Google Play app will let you know exactly what “Google Play Store depends on date.” But, if there’s an upgrade to be download then it will start immediately.
Update Facebook App, Going through all of these actions will ensure that your phone or tablet running Android includes the current version of the Play Store in the Google Play app.
Top Facebook Updates (2022)
Facebook constantly updates its platform from time to time. This is why we guided you above on how to update your app to the latest version. Today, updates are still being tested and rolled out gradually. Here are some of the most important updates on Facebook you should be aware of.
The Facebook shop is Facebook’s one of newest updates that enable Facebook businesses to launch highly operational e-commerce store on Facebook and Instagram for free.
Through Facebook shops, users can do the following:
- Display items for sale.
- Create a product line or collection.
- Personalise your marketplace with unique fonts, colours and persuasive descriptions.
- Interact with potential buyers and customers via Instagram Direct, Whatsapp and Messenger.
” Support small business” stickers
This feature enables businesses to be more customer-centric and friendly on social media platform. In a bid to encourage the growth of small businesses, especially in the wake of the pandemic, Facebook introduced stickers to allow businesses to reach clients or followers on the network. The ” Support small business” stickers can be shared on your status or used as a sent message.
New layout and dark mode
Facebook now has a new and more streamlined or minimalistic desktop layout that allows users to swiftly interact with some Facebook features. It differs from the usual cluttered ‘classic’ Facebook theme that many have gotten used to.
There is also the dark mode for Facebook messenger and desktop.
Similar to other video call platform, Messenger Rooms revolves group video call or ‘face time’. The maximum number of users is fifty. Messenger Room can be a powerful engagement tool when used correctly.
The care reaction is the newest Facebook reaction. As you know the reaction exists to allow users to share how to feel about a certain post on Facebook. The care reaction was launched in the midst of the covid-19 pandemic to express sympathy or solidarity for coronavirus related news.
Facebook is no longer able to target teenagers based on their interests.
Facebook is taking measures to ensure the safety of teenagers on its services. Advertisers will not be able to target teenagers based on their interests and will be limited to those aged 18 and up.
These restrictions serve to prevent firms from targeting minors who are interested in drinking, betting, cigarettes, severe weight loss, or internet dating. Knowing how social media can impact young people, this restriction will aid in their protection from any potential misuse.
This will also be implemented to Instagram to offer better protection.
Reels is a new video-sharing functionality in the Facebook application that allows users to share short clips with text commentary. It’s accessible now in the United States and will be available worldwide in the coming months on iOS and Android smartphones.
Facebook Reels is similar to Instagram and has collaboration tools such as Remix. It will be available shortly, but no date has been set for when advertisers will be able to use Facebook Reels.
Facebook created Horizon Workrooms, a virtual reality setting enabling Oculus users to interact with their coworkers. Teams can use this new functionality to discuss and hold further discussions without having to leave their home workstations.
In the unique Quest 2, the feature combines together some of the most cutting-edge technologies. Hand monitoring, keyboard locating, mixed-reality workstations, and the new Oculus avatars are just a few of them.
Take a look at what you can achieve with these incredible features:
- Bring your computer, keyboard, and desk into VR with you.
- With avatars and spatial audio, you’ll feel like you’re in the same room.
- Make use of a digital whiteboard.
- Every task has its own chamber.
- Join us in virtual reality or via video call.
- Notes from meetings, document sharing, calendar synchronisation, and chatting are all available.